The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
When you’re looking to buy cool new tech, you still want to be sure that it’s quality, that you can work it, and that you can still run all the things you love, the way you know and understand. Welcome to the next generation! VIZIO SmartCast P-Series Ultra HD HDR Home Theater Display (phew!) is gonna rock your socks, your eyes, and possibly your view of the universe. Just kidding. But it’s still pretty darn cool.
You’ve heard about the 4K televisions. You’ve probably heard about ultra HD. Well, okay, I’ve heard of those things, but then again, I spend more time at Best Buy than the average person does. But the grand unveiling of this new product earlier this month was kinda crazy. For instance, here’s the name: VIZIO SmartCast P-Series Ultra HD HDR Home Theater Display. Wow. That just sounds technologically advanced. It’s a 4K ultra High Defiinition display television that includes:
- High Dynamic Range with Dolby Vision
- Ultra Color Spectrum
- Google Cast built-in
- a 6-inch Android Tablet Remote.
In other words, it’s a souped-up race car version of a smart TV. It’s like running on speed.
Break It Down for Me, Fellas
Alright, alright, alright. It’s pretty. It’s visually stunning. Let’s face it: I want it in my home. But what in the heck are all these bells and whistles? Well…
- Android tablet is pre-installed with the Vizio SmartCast app. You can browse content. By genre. Across multiple apps. At the same time. What??
- Use simple tap, swipe and voice-based commands.
- Browse movies, TV shows, music and even Live TV* by genre when you run multiple apps all at once.
- High Dynamic Range+Dolby Vision+Ultra Color Spectrum=a completely different kind of visual experience. Like seeing Ryan Gosling in person versus seeing him on a magazine cover. Brightness, contrast and color are all amped up. Plus, there’s some LED backlighting that brings it all together with the deeper, richer black levels.
- Google Cast, which includes tons of apps you likely already use, including YouTube and Netflix.
- Sports fan? Yup, we love our football. The P-Series has a Clear Action 960 that gives a ridiculous refresh rate of 240Hz, which gives sharper detail when the action is rocking.
You know what? Just watch:
Check out the Vizio SmartCast P-Series at your nearest Best Buy. What you love won’t change, but how you experience it will never be the same again.