Home on Deranged has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Amidst the sun and fun of summer comes the beginning of school. Some of you have already gone back to school. Our kids have a little less than 2 weeks. My oh my how the time does fly. And even though we’re not quite ready to pull out the jeans and sweaters around here, we still have to stock up on school supplies. Have you noticed that technology is now an integral part of that process? Best Buy is ready to help with its collection of SanDisk products!
I recently wrote an article for NOW Magazines (check it out here, page 44) giving some tips and advice on back to school shopping. As I was looking through local school districts school supply lists, I repeatedly found flash drives included. And most districts now utilize tablets and/or laptops for learning, which means you probably have a mobile device or tablet of your own, right? Luckily, you can meet almost all your back to school tech needs with SanDisk products at BestBuy.com or in-store. Let me show you a few examples:
When I saw this device, my jaw dropped. It works for iOS and Android devices, and it works on PC and Mac. Holy cow, here we go!
- Dual USB and Lightning flash drive for iPhone and iPad allows you to easily transfer your videos, pictures, music and/or files between the iPhone, iPad and computer. With both lightning and USB connectors, you will be able to free up the memory on your mobile devices.
- Everything above, applied to Android technology, for easy transfer between Android devices and computers.
Whatever classroom needs you might have – copying notes, reading assignments, reviewing pictures – the iXpand has got you covered!
My very first SanDisk flash drive was for 16MB, and I thought that I would never be happier. Now, I own 16GB flash drives. Multiples. As I mentioned earlier, most of the school districts had at least an 8GB flash drive included on their supply lists, so be sure to check out the wide variety of flash drives on the SanDisk page:
- for PCs and laptops – flash drives and/or cruzers for PC, Mac, Linux as well as compatible with tablets, televisions and even car audio systems. Great for fast data transfer.
- Wireless flash drives – compatible with PC, Mac, tablets, mobile phones with iOS or Android operating system. These things can stream wirelessly and connect up to 8 devices. So if you want to move your kid’s homework from his phone or tablet to your home desktop, it will be so easy!
- and of course, there’s the always durable micro USB flash drives, where you can easily transfer photos, videos and more from your OTG (On The Go)-enabled Android smartphone or tablet to your PC or Mac.
Oh, the memory. So many devices, so many files, videos, songs, pictures. We’ve all got a bundle of it, and with schools going more and more digital, your kids will be needing even more storage possiblities. Best Buy is the place to get your memory cards to support safe storage for all your devices. Check the full list here, or give a look at my highlights:
- SanDisk for digital imaging: is your child a shutterbug? Or do you have big plans to photograph and/or video plenty of awesome school moments this year? SanDisk has SD cards for point and shoot cameras as well as microSD cards. The cards will help your device record more 4K Ultra HD and full HD video and then let you transfer it with speeds up to 60MB/s on your smartphone, tablet or action camera.
- Want to kick it up a notch? SanDisk also has SD cards that can run over 10x faster than ordinary cards and transfer at speeds up to 80MB/s for DSLR cameras and camcorders. Hot damn! That’s faster than I can work!
- SanDisk microSD cards are, of course, great for your smartphone or tablet, letting you keep more media and apps on your device. Did you know that the SanDisk quality means you get a more responsive camera function and smoother media playback. Which means all that digital media your kid needs for his research project will be in high resolution heaven.
Good luck with your Back to School Shopping, and be sure to keep Best Buy on your list of places to go!