Being the investigative journalist that I am (i.e. nosy), I asked the Google machine about buckets. Did you know there is a Bucket that has to do with Google Cloud Storage? I don’t know what that means, but I’m sure it’s a really big deal to techy people.
Since my association with buckets is either 1) cleaning the floor or 2) catching and/or cleaning up vomit, you can see why I avoid knowing too much about buckets. But then, Bucket List.net popped up in the search results and it all made a lot more sense. It’s about doing stuff you can’t really afford. But, I’m already doing that, what with those pesky bills that keep coming in the mail.
Finally, my go-to site for all things hip and trendy, Urban Dictionary, lent me a helping hand. It’s a list of things to do before you die. Morbid. No, wait. It’s a list of things with friends you always say you’re going to do and don’t. Not before you die…just for fun! Oh, that’s much better.
Things to make sure I do before I kick it. Hmm….how about:
1) Beat a deadline, for once in my life. Predicted success rate: 3/10
2) Spend Christmas with my family in London. Predicted success rate: 8/10
3) Learn how to cook or bake. Find reason to cook or bake. Predicted success rate: 3/10
4) Become so fabulously wealthy that I can say whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want. Predicted success rate: 1/10
5) Grow old gracefully. Predicted success rate: 1/10 so far. Might improve with age.
What’s on your bucket list? Anything super crazy? Share it with me in comments because, clearly, I need more ideas.
Today’s post zaniness came from the lovely hostesses of the Finish the Sentence Friday blog hop and this week’s prompt, “My bucket list includes…” Janine at Confessions of a Mommyaholic along with Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine, Dawn of Dawn’s Disaster and Stephanie of Mommy, For Real, serve up one of the best link parties of the week. If you want to join, head on over.